4 changes are expected if Elon Musk owns Twitter

if Elon Musk owns Twitter

YD News | If Elon Musk owns Twitter | Three minutes read

During the first few months of 2022, Tesla CEO Elon Musk quietly spent over $2.6 billion on the Twitter stock.

As a result, he now owns more than 9% of the company’s stock — but he’s also trying to acquire the remaining 91 percent. He made another $43 billion offer for the company’s remaining shares last week.

Though Twitter’s board of directors rejected Elon Musk’s hostile takeover bid with a “poison pill” defense, Musk could still end up with complete control of his favorite social media platform. If that happens, he has promised to “significantly improve” the platform.

Ellon Musk

The main question is “If Elon Musk owns Twitter, What exactly does Musk intend to do at Twitter?”

While we don’t know what his specific intentions are just yet, Musk hasn’t been shy about sharing his thoughts on how to improve Twitter. Based on his previous tweets, here are four changes we anticipate Musk will make if he is successful in purchasing the company.

Loosening content moderation

Musk has called Twitter the “de facto public town square” of the modern era — the digital equivalent of a public forum.

To that end, he has criticized Twitter’s decision to permanently ban former President Donald Trump from the site following the January 6, 2021 insurgency at the US Capitol building.

“A lot of people are going to be super unhappy with West Coast high tech as the de facto arbiter of free speech,” Musk tweeted in response to The Babylon Bee, a Christian conservative satire publication that shared a satirical news article titled “Evil Fascist Dictator Censored and Voted Out of Office” on January 11, 2021.

According to Musk’s tweets, he intends to push for looser moderation on Twitter.

He demonstrated this sentiment at least once in recent weeks when he refused requests “by some governments (not Ukraine)” to block Russian news broadcasts at his satellite internet start-up, Starlink.

Algorithm modifications

Another point Musk has previously raised is Twitter’s role in shaping society. He polled his followers last month to see if they thought Twitter’s algorithm should be “open source” — a term for software that is freely distributed and can be openly manipulated by many different contributors.

It may appear technical, but the concept is linked to his feelings about free speech.”I’m concerned about de facto bias in ‘the Twitter algorithm’ having a significant impact on public discourse,” Musk told one of his followers. “How do we know what’s going on?”

Getting rid of spambots

Some of Musk’s anticipated proposals are more about his personal Twitter usage than anything else. For example, he has previously stated that he wishes to eliminate “crypto spambots” — spam accounts promoting what appear to be crypto-based scams, which frequently use Musk’s Twitter likeness.

Musk has described Twitter’s spam problem as the “single most annoying problem” with the service. He’s even publicly pleaded with Twitter to address the issue. In February, he asked, “How long must this go on?”

Musk mentioned this issue as the first thing he would change as Twitter’s new owner in an interview on April 14 at TED 2022. “A top priority for me would be to eliminate the spam and scam bots, as well as the bot armies that exist on Twitter,” he said. “They significantly degrade the product.”

also read, MBCIE – Everything you need to know about leadership team

Adding a button to edit

Musk supports the edit button, which has been requested by Twitter users for years.

He’s been a long-time supporter of the idea that Twitter should add an edit capability to its service so that users may correct basic spelling errors or misplaced links as soon as they publish them. In a poll he conducted last month, his 80 million+ followers overwhelmingly backed introducing the feature.

Twitter, for example, has stated that it had been working on the feature for some time. Also, his recent remark on Netflix is all over the internet.

Elon Musk

 Elon Musk’s remark on Netflix

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, remarked that the woke content generated on Netflix is making it unwatchable, just hours after the company lost over two lakh customers in 100 days for the first time in ten years.

“Netflix shares crash 20% after firm discloses it lost customers for the first time in more than ten years,” writes Slashdot in a tweet. “The woke mind virus is making Netflix unwatchable,” Musk responded to the message.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *