YDNews| 9:25 pm| one-minute read
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a nationwide lockdown for 21 days amid Coronavirus pandemic on March 24. As the virus in India, was rapidly moving towards stage 3 (community transmission) of transmission, PM Narendra Modi took this step to break the chain of transmission. In India, the death toll due to Coronavirus has risen to 606 and 10 deaths have been reported so far.
Here is a list of the services which will be shut during the 21 days nationwide lockdown.
- All the transport services, flights, and trains will remain shut.
- Commercial and private establishments will remain closed for the next 21 days.
- Industrial establishments will also remain closed.
- The hospitality sector will remain shut.
- Schools, colleges and all other educational institutes will remain closed during the lockdown.
- All the public places will remain closed.
- All the religious places will also remain closed.
Following is the list of the services which will continue working amid the nationwide lockdown:
- Banks, insurance offices and ATMs will be working.
- Essential services like sanitation, power supply, and water supply will be available.
- Hospitals and related medical establishments including the distribution and manufacturing units will be available in both the private and public sectors. Dispensaries, chemists, labs, clinics, nursing homes, and ambulance services will also be available.
- Transport services for all the medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff, and other hospital support will be available.
- Electronic media, print media, telecommunication services, internet services, cable and broadcast services, and IT-enabled services are considered as essentials.
- LPG services will be available for households.
- Petrol pumps will remain open amid lockdown.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution services will be available.
- Cold storage and warehouse services will be available.
- Private security services will work amid lockdown.
- Emergency services like fire brigade will be available. Law and order and transport of essential services are also available.
Marriage functions, business meetings, and other such gatherings are not allowed. Also, not more than 20 people can attend a funeral.