Hair fall: As a teenager or an adult, what was the problem you used to face? Well personally, as an adult for me it is hair fall. But mostly nowadays people have a severe hair fall problem which does not get cured by mild shampoos and other natural treatments.
While we go for external solutions to treat hair loss, we forget to feed our scalp internally, due to which we face baldness and much other hair related problems.
In order to feed our scalp internally, we have got a non-surgical method to stimulate hair growth in patients experiencing severe hair loss.
The treatment is known as Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy that fights baldness. In this therapy, the doctors use our own blood to revive our hair growth on the spot where we are losing it.
PRP is one of the easiest as well as a quick treatment to thicken and regrow hair follicles.
But since nowadays everybody is experiencing Hair loss, Who should actually opt for PRP therapy?
• The patients who are at the early stages of hair loss can go for PRP Therapy. If your hair volume is thin and you lose a good amount of hair in your hairbrush, then you must go for PRP therapy. But only when you think no other solution is working to regrow your hair.
• Female with androgenetic alopecia, in even simpler terms, females with patterned hair loss. It affects the top and front of your scalp. Generally, it is very difficult to treat.
• PRP therapy is intended for men and women with thinning hair or pattern baldness caused by a hereditary condition. Hair baldness can also be one of the problems we received from our parents.
A brief about how PRP Hair Procedure takes place:
• Step 1- Separate PRP from the blood
Blood is taken from the person and platelet-rich plasma is separated from the blood.
• Step 2- Eliminate granulocytes
Granulocytes (white blood cells with small granules or particles) are removed from PRP which inhibits healing.
• Step 3- Injection of PRP
The highly concentrated PRP is injected into the scalp.
Our EXPERT’S ADVICE-
One of the highly experienced doctors who previously worked at DMC, Ludhiana Dr Alka Dogra mentions “The PRP treatment is completely safe as the PRP is taken from patient’s own blood itself. Personally, I recommend this therapy only because it is one of the easiest and quick options to eliminate baldness from your life.”
Benefits of PRP Therapy
• Platelet-rich plasma is developed from the patient’s own blood, and thus eliminates associated risks such as allergies, hypersensitivity, and other adverse reactions with other hair loss treatment techniques.
• The treatment procedure is usually done in 6 to 8 sessions, but results might be visible after the first or second sessions itself.
• Platelet-rich plasma stimulates the stem cells in hair follicles, promoting hair growth and thickening.
• The therapy works best for both men and women with patterned hair loss.
• This treatment does not require any cuts surgeries which eliminates the possibility of scarring.
• The benefits are seen gradually over time, thus making your hair natural and aesthetic.